One of my favorite things about Fall is the tastes that come with it. The smells, the sights, and everything in between. This recipe for a Fall-themed white Russian cocktail is perfect to enjoy with friends on a crisp evening.
This recipe is intended for people 21+. Please drink responsibly and never drive after enjoying this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I always get excited to enjoy adult beverage recipes, and Fall-themed ones even more!
The great thing about this recipe is that combination of apple and caramel makes it the perfect drink to enjoy during the Fall. The butterscotch & cinnamon are the perfect flavors to pull all the tastes together.
make the most of midlife travel
Subscribe to the newsletter for more travel tips.
Common Questions About A White Russian Cocktail
What is a white Russian alcoholic drink?
The White Russian is a cocktail made with vodka, heavy cream, and coffee liqueur. It differs from the traditional Black Russian cocktail that is simply coffee liqueur and vodka.
Do I have to add caramel?
Well, despite caramel being in the name, you can absolutely omit the caramel. It won’t quite taste the same, but it is still an amazing drink.
What is a good substitute for cream in a white Russian?
While you can use other substitutes, such as milk, almond milk or coconut milk, the classic is made with heavy cream, which gives the drink its richness.
Can you make a virgin White Russian?
You can, but it loses a lot of the flavors. Substitute vanilla soda for vodka and rum, omit the butterscotch schnapps. Add a squirt or two of butterscotch sauce to achieve the taste and color.
So now that we have answered some of the most common questions, let’s get to making the recipe.
Butterscotch Caramel White Russian Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients Needed For The Butterscotch Caramel White Russian Cocktail
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1/2 oz Captain Morgan Apple spiced rum
- 1/2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
- 2 oz Apple Cider
- 2 oz Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Caramel Sauce
You will also need a tall glass, a jigger, and a cocktail shaker.
How To Make A White Russian Cocktail
First, you are going to take your caramel and pour it into your glass, swirling it around to make a pretty pattern.
Pro tip: Add the caramel to the glass, then set them in the freezer for a few minutes. Keeps your drink frosty cold while you enjoy it!
Add ice to the glass and set the glass to the side.
Taking your cocktail shaker, add ice, and the vodka and Butterscotch Schnapps in the shaker.
Next, you are going to add the apple cider and vanilla creamer to your cocktail shaker and shake all ingredients gently.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Items For Fall Entertaining You MUST Get
Enjoy Your Fall White Russian Cocktail With A Meal
Since it is never good to enjoy an adult beverage on an empty stomach, why not make it a complete meal! Here are a few main course meals you will enjoy with your Fall white Russian cocktail.
- Everyone loves a hearty meal, so why not enjoy our drink with Fall Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Peppers.
- Soup and a side salad is always a great choice. How about some easy homemade creamy corn chowder.
- And you can’t go wrong with a hearty easy cheesy beef barbeque casserole bake. Easy and delicious.
- Looking for something to enjoy why watching a sports game? Easy baked cheesy dip is definitely a perfect addition.
- A twist on some favorite ingredients, this Tater Tot Enchilada casserole would be a perfect choice.
- Want something with a little meat in it? How about a Pork Enchilada casserole? A healthier option that is BIG on taste.
- And you certainly cannot go wrong with a baked macaroni and cheese as a dinner idea.
More White Russian Cocktail Recipes
I hope you found this recipe fun. Before I sign off, here are a few more drink recipes I think you will LOVE.