It’s that time of year again: Big Game Day! Will you be cheering on your team to victory or are you just going for the food? Either way, you are the winner with this easy big game day baked cheesy dip. All you need are a few ingredients, a short amount of time, and you are all set!
There is nothing like the fun of spending time with family and friends for the big game day. Great food goes hand-in-hand with the excitement of watching football. Not into the game? This is a great time to relax and think about a new vacation or maybe some home improvements. And you can munch on this great baked cheesy dip while you do it.
Ingredients For Baked Cheesy Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature and any brand
- 1 cup of mayo, any brand
- 8 oz sour cream, any brand
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz of gruyere cheese
- 8 pcs of bacon that has already been cooked and chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
Additional tip: If your family prefers other cheeses, you can definitely sub those in.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
What Kitchen Supplies Do I Need To Make The Baked Cheesy Dip?
- 9 x 9 baking dish
- Medium sized bowl
- Cutting board
Directions To Make The Big Game Day Recipe
Tip #1: Lay out the cream cheese so it can soften to room temperature.
- Cook the bacon in the manner that you normally would, allow to cool, and chop into small pieces.
- Wash and dry the green onions and thinly slice on an angle.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, add in the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, bacon (reserve some for topping the dip), and combine thoroughly with a spoon.
- Then pour into a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the dip from the oven, add additional bacon & green onions, and serve warm.
Alternative Baking Suggestion: You could also bake this in a bread bowl. It would be extremely delicious that way as well.
I don’t know about you, but this recipe always makes me drool! And if you are heading out to a big game party, you will certainly be the M.V.P. of the night.
I love how easy this recipe truly is because you don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen making it. Going to the party early? Just prepare everything without baking, and when you are ready to enjoy, you just need to pop it into the oven before halftime entertainment.
There you have it! A terrific appetizer or halftime treat to enjoy on the big game day. Or any day, for that matter.